1. Who was Henry VIII’s fifth wife?
2. Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin were astronauts on the Apollo 11 space mission to the moon. But who was the third astronaut?
3. Which country did Algeria gain independence from in 1962?
4. According to popular myth, who chased all the snakes out of Ireland?
5. Which famous US landmark did Martin Luther King Junior give his famous ‘I have a dream’ speech in front of?
6. In which century did 10 Downing Street become the Prime Minister’s residence?
7. Hiroshima was hit by the atomic bomb of 1945, but which other Japanese city was also hit?
8. What was Nelson Mandela’s political party called?
9. In what year was Julius Caesar assassinated in Rome? Is it 14BC, 31BC, or 44BC?
10. Who liberated a lot of South America in the 19th century?
11. Who painted the Mona Lisa?
12. How many millions of years ago did the dinosaurs become extinct? Is it 40 million, 65 million or 98 million?
13. Which life-changing technology was launched in 1903?
14. What destroyed the Italian city of Pompeii?
15. What disease was eliminated in 1979?
16. In which society was Tenochtitlan a huge capital city?
17. Which Treaty ended World War I?
18. What were the surfaces of Egypt’s ancient pyramids covered with?
19. When was the first modern chocolate bar invented?
20. From which country did Vietnam claim independence in 1945?
21. In what year did England hold the first Wimbledon Tennis Championships?
22. What was the street called where the Great Fire of London started?
23. What famous novel was banned in 1928?
24. What came after the Bronze Age?
25. New York was known by a different name before 1664. What was that name?
1. Catherine Howard
2. Michael Collins
4. Saint Patrick
5. The Lincoln Memorial
6. 18th Century – in 1735
8. African National Congress
10. Simón Bolívar
11. Leonardo Da Vinci
12. 65 million
14. A volcano – Vesuvius
17. The Treaty of Versailles
18. White limestone
22. Pudding Lane
23. Lady Chatterley’s Lover
24. The Iron Age
25. New Amsterdam